Sunday, February 8, 2009

Test vs. Truth – Week 6

Ben and Viggo. Can you guess which one hasn't had breakfast?






The disappointment of a week spent sick was lightened greatly this morning with a visit from my buddy Ben Schloegel, a pro triathlete, firefighter and triathlon camp director from Kansas City, Missouri (or KC-MO, as the locals like to say). Ben could easily add a fourth career to his collection as a stand-up comic, as he’s absolutely one of the funniest people I know – just check out his blog:

http://www.benschloegel.com/

He’s also one of the coolest, and I say that because he habitually sends actual handwritten thank-you notes. I mean first of all, who does that? And second of all, what GUY does that??


Ben was in town to celebrate his birthday and escape the Midwest winter chill. We met up for a long coffee and a short swim, which perfectly suited my need to take it easy and his desire to slack off. Notice how the same swim served a dual purpose? It was great to catch up with my friend, and also to have him echo MJ’s assurance that I have nothing to gain and everything to lose by overdoing it before I’m 100% healthy.


The sum total of my workouts this week is almost not worth reporting, due to the lack thereof! But for the sake of consistency, here is what I managed to squeak out:


Swim workouts – 2k EZ

Bike workouts (EZ, low heart rate on the trainer) – 1:10, 2:00 + :30 T-run

Run workouts (EZ, low heart rate) – :40, :60

Weight training – 1x


No comments:

Post a Comment